DIY Sequin Trim Holiday Pillow
Now that Christmas is practically here, holiday shopping has definitely taken a toll on our funds. So what's a gal to do when she still wants to treat her space to some new festive decorations without having to break the bank? DIY of course. That's right, we've put together another fun, seasonal project that you can try for yourself. And the best part is it requires very few items and takes only a matter of minutes! Read on to learn how to make your own DIY sequin holiday pillow!
-Large throw pillow
-Hot glue gun
-Long trim of gold sequins
1. First things first, you're going to want to plug in your hot glue gun so you can ensure the glue is nice and warm for you.
2. While the glue is warming up, take your pen or pencil and write out the message you want on your pillow. Since I used a dark navy pillow I used a white pencil crayon. Just make sure to use something that you can wipe off.
3. Once your satisfied with your message, you're going to want to start squeezing the hot glue onto the letters. Make sure to do small sections at a time so you have enough time to add the sequin trim without the glue getting too hard.
4. Now you're going to want to start placing your sequin trim on the letters. Make sure to take your time to avoid making a mess! (Trust me, I went too quickly my first attempt!)
5. Once you've finished placing all your trim, just let the glue to completely finish cooling for 10-15 minutes. Once it's dry, you can take a damp cloth to wipe off any of the letterings that you can still see behind the sequins.
6. And voila! You're left with a super simple and cute DIY pillow that you can use year after year. OR, it also makes a really fun Christmas gift!
Have you tried any fun DIY projects lately? Let us know in the comments below!